Saturday, October 23, 2010

1 Week Down....11 to Go!

Saturday night and I have completed the first week of my yeast free and sugar free diet. So far so good. A few bumps in the road, but I am feeling pretty good. The headache is gone and my energy seems to be improving. I spent most of my day cooking today, I have found planning is critical in order to ensure that I don't get derailed. It's critical that I have my lunchbox filled with healthy foods so I don't get stuck heading out into the "processed world" for lunch. So, today I made pumpkin soup to eat for lunch. Yummy and rich, it really doesn't even taste like "diet food"
Tonight was a big test for me....I made Paella. If you have ever made Paella, you know it is a extensive cooking effort. Lots of chopping and prep work before you throw the whole thing together. Now, any other Saturday night, I would be prepping, chopping and sipping Pinot Grigio. But not tonight. I was sipping ice water while doing my prep work. And when it came time to sit down to dinner (which kicked ass, I might add) I had a nice wine glass of skim milk rather than Riesling. I have to admit it was a bit weird, but dinner was so damn good, that I seemed to manage.
So, one week down and many more to go. I am really starting to feel confident in my ability to do this. Let's hope I feel the same way in week 7 huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment